Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gavin Dale Livingston






People keep asking me when I am going to post so... finally I am getting around to it.

Okay so my doctor told me at my last doctors appt. that I had the choice to be induced on Monday the 28th if I wanted. I told him I would wait, but once Monday came around I WAS SOOO READY! I starting having little contractions the night before, but thought they were still too minimal to go to the hospital. I called my doctors office Monday morning and just said "What are my chances of being induced still today?" I told them I starting having little contractions and the nurse said "uh... your in labor, you need to go get an exam at the hospital."

So Ren and I went to the hospital, got checked out and sent home because I wasn't quite dilated enough to stay. I was a stretchy 2-3. So they put me on a call list to call back in that evening depending on how busy they were and the priority of other people. So I went home and cleaned and vacuumed my whole house and waited till 4 pm to hear back from the hospital. I called them to see what their status was and they told me to come in that evening!

So we got there at 5:30 pm and they checked me out and I was dilated to a 4. They said that because I was progressing on my own, I was more like an augmentation to help push the process along. Dr. Langford told us that because of how Gavin was positioned and the contractions I was having, the Pitocin would respond quicker than normal. So I was able to get the epidural before the pitocin (thank goodness!!!) I never felt a thing it was great! I was on the pitocin for only about an hour and a half because it made my uterus contract too much and was crushing little Gavin. His heart rate dropped to like 5o something, and his oxygen dropped drastically too so they put me on oxygen and just monitored his vitals real close.

At 11:30 pm Dr. Langford came in to break my water because I was still at a 4 and not progressing. He broke my water and the fluid was clear, but I passed some extremely large blood clots with it. (its never comforting to see your doctors face looked shocked...)I kept bleeding and they had to monitor me real close because he thought the placenta seperated too early. So there was nothing really to do but wait, I still dont really know what a contraction feels like... I love the epidural! I slept until they came to check my progress again at 3:30.

The nurse checked me and I was completely dilated +2! She said "Do not push, his head is right there!" So we waiting a little for the doctor to get there, started pushing, and 45 minutes later little Gavin was born! I couldn't it! He is so beautiful! Ren cut the cord and watched the whole thing! I was so proud! He did better than my mom who has been and ICU nurse for 35 years, been a flight nurse, and worked in the cardiatic cath lab for how long... Mom was about to pass out!

Ren and I stayed in the hospital for 2 days and were so happy to come home! Gavin is such a swwet baby! The dogs LOVE him. Marcie is so motherly to him like its her baby. They are all very protective of him its sweet! I am doing well too. Just sore in the whole “basement” area… its like Im paying for the no pain I felt during labor now. I would much rather have this pain now though. I will keep posting fun pictures now too.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! We are sooo excited for you both and so happy that everything went well!! Epidurals are so nice! It actually made me dilate faster! He is so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful! I'm over here getting all misty-eyed! It's funny how after all this time we are still so much alike! I can't wait for Gavin and D.J. to meet! :) I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He's finally here! I told Shawn a millions times these past couple days "Where's your phone, we need to call them to see if she had Gavin yet!" So did you have him on the 29th then? Well we're happy for you guys! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little purple finger nails brand new babies have. and Im so glad he is doing better then that one night Ren had to run out in the middle of the night for drops!

    ReplyDelete