Surprise to everyone... Marcie IS pregnant... or was at least. Ren and I took her to the vet yesterday cause she was acting sick, vomiting with diarrhea, no appetite, and panting really bad. I thought she had mastitis or an infection in her uterus, but when the vet came in he told us she was starting to go into labor... and we were kinda shocked.
So around 12:15 in the morning I heard her start getting uncomfortable and cry. Ren wanted me to sleep so he went out in the living room with her and got me up at 4:00 am cause she was about and hour and a half into her labor and the puppy was stuck. They say you need to get the puppies out within the hour after labor starts cause they are in that sack of fluid and they will suffocate. So I went out and was trying to pull the babies out... and Ren was trying and he was totally stuck. We kinda thought he was dead, and I thought even though the body was stuck lets cut the sack of fluid so maybe we can get our fingers in there. So Ren cut the sack and drained the fluid and the puppy started breathing! So Then I thought the puppies ribs were stuck in her pelvis so I stuck my fingers up there to see how much room there was and when I pulled them out, the pappy came too. So it had been about an hour and forty five or two hours since she started labor and we had a healthy puppy and Marcie is doing well too! The puppy is soooo tiny, and she is such a good mommy. He is white with chocolate spots!!! Im glad two spots didnt make a solid! He is really dang cute. Ren went back to bed finally at about 5:15 (after we both showered) and I stayed up and went to work. So yeah... we have a puppy we werent really expecting... but we are happy!
That is tiny!!! What are you naming him? Only one right?!!
ReplyDeleteAdoreable!!! Congrats Puppy Mommy!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the home delivery! Ren said that you just reached in there and grabbed it. That goes on your resume for sure!!!
ReplyDelete