Thursday, July 7, 2011

Guy Week

So for my birthday this year, Ren let me go to Las Vegas to see Celine Dion with one of my best girlfriends. Best present ever! Not only did my trip include Celine, hotel and food in Vegas... but Ren watched Gavin for 3 days. I had never been away from Gavin over night before. I will admit, it was harder to leave him than I though it would be. But...oh man. It was so worth the trip. It was really hot there (111 the first day and 104 the second) so I was just as excited to hang out by the pool and read and not have a toddler to run after! Celine was amazing. Gavin and Daddy had a great time together too. They never showered once, Gavin was still in the same close as when I left I think! They went to Papa's job site one day and brought all of his tractors. This kid was so dirty there was literal dirt clots in his crib. They had a man date to Golden spoon, went to the wild animal park, built a new side gate in the back yard, and the list goes on. Needless to say, the first day I was back I felt like Gavin was bored with me. And frankly he wasn't as excited to see me when I got home either. So at least I know he had fun...and I think that means I should take girlie trips more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment