Monday, August 3, 2009

San Fransisco




This past weekend Ren and I went to San Fransisco with some friends of ours Tom & Alexandra! We wanted to take a quick trip before Gavin came, and San Fransisco was one place where most of us had never been and was quick enough that we could drive there. So we were there from Friday to Sunday, and crammed in as much sight seeing we could in 3 days... with me being almost 8 months pregnant... it was tiring, but well worth it. So Friday we did the Jelly Belly factory tour and got ourselves a ton of belly flops... then made our way into the city and ate lunch at this restaurant called The Stinking Rose, which was pretty much everything on the menu completely smothered in garlic... I think we had the smell of garlic seeping out of our pores the entire weekend! They even offered us garlic wine... We walked around Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf and went to the Alcatraz tour, which was pretty intense. Those people were pretty dang wicked, and had it pretty rough. Ugh! It was cool though. And the people working there let me take the handicap carts up the hill since I was pregnant! We ate dinner on the wharf and went back to our hotel after that cause we were pretty pooped. Saturday we did a lot of just sight seeing. We drove over the Golden Gate bridge and went to Sausalito, went to China town and ate lunch with Brandon and Laurie... and I thought China town was really cool... crowded... but cool. We drove down Lombard St, went and saw the Painted ladies (the row of famous Victorian homes... where Full House took place!) Oh... how could I forget Ghirardelli Square! That is a fantastic place! So the one bummer thing about the trip was I had to pee all the time... I don't think I have been in that many public restrooms in one weekend in my life! And I gotta say... I think gas station bathrooms are getting cleaner... just something I noticed since I used so many! We had a ton of fun! It was the perfect little mini trip away!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time! You guys are smart to take the chance while you can. Glad you made it back safe - now - finish cooking that baby so I can hold him!! TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!! That reminds me of our annual Modesto trips and going to SF for a day trip! If I remember right, I think we went to Bubba Gumps....oh and getting lost on all of their crazy one way streets! Aww....I miss our trips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookes fun! I cant wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete