Avery is almost two weeks old now... Time flies when you are nursing every 2-3 hours and chasing a 2 year old! Here is the birth story.
Sunday Aug. 28th I went to church in the morning, thinking I was gonna go to the doctor the next morning and BEG him to schedule an induction. I even planned out what I was gonna say to him. By Sunday evening at 6:00 we were eating dinner and I started getting contractions. I kept getting braxton hicks and then going on a long walk and they would stop as soon as I would get home from walking, so this time when I went for our walk they kept coming stronger and consistent and didn't stop when I got home. Ren's brother Tad was spending the night at our house, so he stayed with Gavin. Ren and I got to the hospital at 9:00 pm and I was dilated to a 4. By 11:00 pm I was dilated to a 6 and got my epidural. The epidural medication was a little too high, so about a half an hour into it I was having a hard time breathing and couldn't feel my chest. So the nurses and doctor came in and I got put on oxygen for a bit. They turned the epidural medication down, and once they did that everything was fine. By 1:00 am I was dilated to a 7 so Dr. Langford broke my water. We took a good nap, and by 5:00 am I was pushing. I pushed for a total of 18 minutes. This girl came out quick and easy! She weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 19 inches long, born at 5:12 am August 29th. She is such a good baby. She started nursing right away and has been a strong eater, great sleeper, and so sweet! Gavin just loves her to pieces, he loves touching her hair and toes and he gives her kisses on the head. He is such a sweet boy! More pictures coming soon. Enjoy!
She was born on my birthday!
ReplyDelete