Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yum Yum Ganache!

So since all of our pictures are non-accessable and I cant post any fun Gavin pictures... I thought I would share a delicious Chocolate Ganache Cake recipe. I have made it twice now, the first time was just straight ganache on top and the second time I added raspberries and mint leaves and it was really yummy! Its from the cooking light magazine (so added bonus... 1 slice= 179 calories... if your counting) Enjoy!

2 oz. Dark chocolate baking bar chopped
2 Tbsp butter
3/4 C. boiling water
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1 C. ap flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Ganache:
1/4 C. half and half
3 oz. dark chocolate chopped

Place chocolate and butter in large mixing bowl; add boiling water and stir until smooth. Stir in sugar, buttermilk, egg, and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; beat into chocolate mixture until blended.
Transfer into 9" round coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small sauce pan combine ganache ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer into small bowl; cool 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Place cake on serving plate and slowly pour ganache over cake, allowing to drape over the sides. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment