Friday, February 19, 2010

New full time job...




So since I am a stay at home mom now, and only have one baby, I have been killing time a lot at home cooking. A LOT OF COOKING! It's my new hobby I think. When G goes down for a nap I flip through cook books and magazines and have been cooking something new and delicious almost every night now. My friend Gina got a cook book from Amazon called Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's, and I love Trader Joe's! She also gave me a whole bunch of those lite n' tasty magazines, so its been pretty healthy, good for your body food! We have made stuff like dijon crusted chicken breast, homemade chicken tortilla soup, asian dumpling soup, Chinese lemon chicken with a tangy lemon glaze, egg drop soup, a makeover (healthier) chicken pot pie, chicken gyros with tzatziki sauce, lots of cookies, and a yummy orange cinnamon swirl bread! Oh and a favorite... its called blushing pears! soooo good! The pears have to be pretty ripe, and you pretty much poach them in a sherry with orange zest, cinnamon sticks, cranberry juice and sugar!!!! Such a good dessert and easy! Well, anyway thats my new hobby I guess. If you have any suggestions for me to try, I am open for ideas.... G is such a big help, and he loves licking the spoon!!!

2 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!!! You posted new pic's today and I stopped to take a look! Yeah, for me! I really need to squeeze little man's chunky sweet legs. Cool, call me, stop cooking and start shoe shopping. Sorry Ren!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new pics, but I will continue to scroll down to see G's little naked-bummy-in-a-onesie pose! Dana.

    ReplyDelete