So is there some kind of super mom teething trick I dont know about? Little G is staring to teeth, and man o man... He used to sleep all through the night. I would put him down around 9 and he would sleep until about 6:30- 7. NOW... he has been waking up a lot crying and in the day he is a little more crabby than normal. He is chomping down on anything he can get his hands on, and drooling like Niagara Falls. He hasnt been eating as well either, but as you can see in these pictures he's not exactly starving! I have been giving him Tylenol at night and those freezer teething rings but I want to know if there are any good tricks out there I dont know about.
Proud Momma of one stud of a boy and a freaky cute little chick!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Comments Welcome...
So is there some kind of super mom teething trick I dont know about? Little G is staring to teeth, and man o man... He used to sleep all through the night. I would put him down around 9 and he would sleep until about 6:30- 7. NOW... he has been waking up a lot crying and in the day he is a little more crabby than normal. He is chomping down on anything he can get his hands on, and drooling like Niagara Falls. He hasnt been eating as well either, but as you can see in these pictures he's not exactly starving! I have been giving him Tylenol at night and those freezer teething rings but I want to know if there are any good tricks out there I dont know about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My pediatrician recommended teething tablets which dissolve in their mouths. They seemed to help quite a bit. They are in a little bottle. Also, baby Ibuprofen seems to work better for pain than Tylenol. Hopefully this helps!!!
ReplyDeleteSad! I hate teething, especially went it interrupts sleep. Teagan has never been good with teething. I couldn't get him to chew on the teething rings so I got one of those little mesh bag food things. They're in the baby isle at walmart or target. I put frozen berries in there and let him go to town chewing on it, he loved it. I tried the tablets and oragel (you just rub it on their gums and it numbs them) during the day and I think they worked, but who knows. Tylenol (or ibuprofen?) at night was a must with him. Sometimes we'd set an alarm and give him more in the middle of the night too.
ReplyDeleteWith all those things I don't think anything worked when it was really bad...I just tried to be patient and ended up holding him all the time....good luck!
He is such a cutie! After three kids and teething troubles...(I couldn't do it with my first kid) crying it out at night is the only way to get rid of the night waking stuff. There are different methods for helping them cry it out but when it comes down to it they have to learn how to put themselves to sleep other wise it will be you everytime they wake up at night. Just an opinion. Hope things get better soon!
ReplyDeleteAll I know is I've seen some people rub some kind of liquid or clear paste on their little gums, just put a little on your finger or something, and it helps with the pain. My sister has used teething tablets too, and they melt pretty fast, so if you tuck it between their gums and cheeks they probably won't be able to spit it out. That's all I know coming from an auntie, not a mama!
ReplyDelete